Disable copy

Sep 6, 2010

Denmark: Frederiksborg slot Entrance

Frederiksborg Slot - Museum of National History

Located on the outskirts on the Northen Zealand of Denmark,
One has to take a train and swop to a bus to reach it.
I wasnt sure if it was off season, or it was just naturally non crowded.
I didnt seem many tourists on my way here.
It wasnt exactly easily located for an independent tourist.
I was constantly pointed to the opposite direction by the locals.
For some reason, they keep confusing left for right and vice-versa, so I often ended up in circles.

The good thing about internet was I printed some instructions from some other traveler,
and found the right bus to get there after walking in the opposite direction for good 20mins.
The bus doesnt have announcements,
or screens indicating the stops.
However you cannot miss it as the castle looms right up straight before you.


Denmark's Museum of National History is housed here since 1878.
The castle was restored after a fire in 1859.

Aftera while,
One will come to realise that many of Denmark's castles
Often repeatedly fall victim to fires....


*********

No comments: